Savor Tips: Dog Days of Dining Out
If you’re a dog owner, there’s nothing better than going for a walk with your pooch and being able to find a suitable place that allows you to eat a meal while fido hunkers down beside you. Of course, this typically means dining outdoors during the nicer weather months in St. Louis.
You’ll find in most areas that are walkable and are lined with restaurants that the majority are dog-friendly. Such as the restaurants in the Central West End, The Delmar Loop, Lafayette Square, downtown St. Louis, and South Grand to name just a few (it’s still advisable to check ahead to make certain).
Are there other places you may not know about that might be a little off the beaten path?
- Urban Chestnut in the Grove is highly amenable to dogs.
- Purple Martin in Fox Park. The owner had this to say: “Super dog friendly! Water bowls, big hugs and a great park across the street where they can play, has a water feature they can enjoy and where a dog park is in the works.”
- The Boathouse in Forest Park — it just makes sense for a restaurant in a huge urban park to allow dogs.
- Failoni’s Restaurant welcomes dogs (and owners) any Tuesday and Wednesday for lunch or dinner on its big back patio.
- Remy’s Kitchen and Wine Bar is one of the few we found in downtown Clayton.
- Tropical Moose in Kirkwood — if you and your dog need cooling off, be sure and get one of their great flavors for you — and ask for the Canine Cooler for your furry friend.
- John G’s Bier Deck in Washington — out for a quick trip outside of St. Louis city and county? John G’s Facebook page has plenty of photos of four-legged friends on their beer deck.
We hopefully sniffed out a few spots we hope you weren’t aware of. Where’s your favorite spot to take rover in the St. Louis region?