Many women book our food tours for a fun day with their best girl friends or for a part of a bachelorette party weekend. That got us thinking: what else makes for a great girls’ day or night out around St. Louis? We polled some of our top consultants and categorized their answers for you. Tips vary from all day experiences to just a few hours; many involve wine.
- Hiking at Castlewood State Park (in Ballwin, MO) followed by beer on the front porch
- Float trips — if you don’t live in Missouri, you’ll find out it’s a thing on many, many of the rivers throughout the state
- Cemetery tour in the fall when the leaves are at their peak
- Horse back riding followed up by drinks and snacks
- From zip lining to kayaking, Creve Coeur Lake has all sorts of outdoor adventures for you to try
- Hike Pere Marquette and enjoy several other activities while you’re there
- Estate sales followed by wine and cheese
- Any craft place where you can paint and drink wine, such as Painting with a Twist
- Pedicures, lunch and a chick-flick
- Mani/pedis, wine and chocolate
- Yoga and massage wellness day at Indigo Massage & Wellness
- Spa day at Four Seasons (followed by cocktails)
- Wine tastings (this could be in our out doors) — perhaps at your favorite winery in Augusta or Ste. Genevieve
A little bit of everything
- Exploring some part of St. Louis such as Antique Row on Cherokee Street
- Take a day trip to Kimmswick, MO for shopping and pie
- A day/night in the Central West End. Get a room at The Chase and go for a spa treatment or check out Forest Park. Walk around the Central West End and get a bite to eat (perhaps our food tour). Go back to The Chase to swim or catch a show at the movie theater. Grab dinner out at any of the great restaurants within walking distance, continue night with drinks. Sleep, brunch the next day etc.
- Live music, drinks and dancing
Of course, we always recommend one of our food tours as well.
If you have a larger group and are heading out for a day trip, check out JED Limousine so you don’t have to drive and you’re all together.